For a summary of upcoming events see the event calendar.
For information about the entry process see how to enter.
It's a Coolmarley Classic Bush Rogaine
ARE YOU READY TO GET YOUR ROGAINE REGGAE ON?!
This event is a CLASSIC BUSH ROGAINE set in the historic Coomalie Region, about an hour south of Darwin. The objective of the rogaine is to amass the highest score by finding checkpoints in the bush within a set time limit.
Teams of two to five members travel entirely on foot, navigating with the aid of a topographic map and handheld compass. Teams select their own order of visiting checkpoints, in varied terrain. The classic rogaine includes both day and night navigation. Teams can return to the Hash House for rest, food and socialising as often as they wish.
The Hash House for the Coolmarley Classic Bush Rogaine is located at Coomalie Creek Farm (along the road to the Coomalie Landing Ground, just south of the Bachelor turn-off).
Choose from two events:
12 Hour NO CONTROLS NO CRY
The north and south and east and west, so you better look your best! Tuck those dreadlocks into your Rasta cap and get set for the long haul, because this event runs midday to midnight. Everything’s gonna be all right, mon!
6 Hour ROVING RASTA
Rack up a maximum of 6 hours on the course, anytime within the midday to midnight window. Then chill out, enjoy some red, red wine, and don’t worry ‘bout a thing! Keep calm and love rogaine, mon!
Maps out from 9:00am. Free camping on site. Dinner and breakfast included in your entry fee! PRIZE for the best dreadlocks!!!!
HOW TO ENTER
1. The Entry Form is below.
3. ALL ENTRIES for this event close at 11:00pm on Tuesday 15th June 2021.
NEED A PARTNER?
We can help! Let us know which event you would like to do, your age / fitness level and how experienced you are with navigation. Please also include a demo tape of your reggae singing and dancing abilities. (Okay, just kidding on that last one)!
Upcoming Events in 2021
Australian Rogaining Championships 2021 - in The Deceptive Lands (SA)
Saturday 29th May (12:00pm) to Sunday 30th May (12:00pm)
Run by SA Rogaining Association (SARA) - (sarogaining.com.au/event/arc2021/)
Choose from the 24 hour Championship event or the 8 hour non-championship event.
Entries close on 9th May 2021. Full refunds will be available if withdrawals are necessary due to Covid restrictions.
Hunger Moon Monsoon Metrograine
Saturday, 27 February 2021
A Hunger Moon Monsoon Metrogaine
This event is a metrogaine and uses the principles of rogaining in an urban setting. Teamwork, strategic planning and map reading are features of the sport.
Teams of 2 to 5 people choose which map checkpoints to visit within a designated time limit, with the intent of maximizing their score. It can be a wild walk, fun run or radical ride as teams plan their strategy and move through the course using the map provided. Great exercise for both the body and the mind!
A Hunger Moon Monsoon Metrogaine starts and finishes at the Knuckey Lagoon Scout Hall on Brandt Road. The event covers bush and urban environments around Karama, Holmes Jungle and surrounds, Micket Creek, Thorak, Pinelands, Berrimah, and of course Knuckey Lagoon.
Course setters have attempted to keep everyone on solid ground throughout their chosen event, using as much of the natural bush available whilst staying out of the mud wherever possible. Route choice will be the key to being efficient with time and aggregation of points. Control points will be a mix of multiple-choice questions and traditional hanging controls.
THREE events are on offer:
|EVENT (1)||Walk or Run - 6 Hour HIKER
Get plucky with Knuckey because there are no shortcuts to any place worth going!
Maps out at 13:00. Teams will start at 15:00 and must be back by 21:00.
|EVENT (2)||Walk or Run - 3 Hour GAITER
A great event for families, or those preferring a more recreational rogaine.
Maps out at 13:30. Teams will start at 15:30 and must be back by 18:30.
|EVENT (3)||Cycle - 4 Hour BIKER
For all the cyclopaths out there! Put your peloton together and grease up your cranks.
Maps out at 14:30. Teams will start at 16:30 and must be back by 20:30.
Our wonderful volunteer catering team will have a BBQ dinner, cold drinks, fruit and cake available at the Hash House (Knuckey Lagoon Scout Hall) between 18:00 and 21:30.
What you need to know:
- The EXCEL Entry Form is below, or you can find it on the website at nt.rogaine.asn.au.
- SAVE SOME BUCKS! Early Bird entries close at 11pm on Friday 19th February 2021.
- All entries close at 11pm on Wednesday 24th February 2021.
- Your entry fee includes a BBQ dinner and the costs of course setting, vetting, maps, insurance, safety equipment and administration.
If you cannot compete and still want to be part of this fun metrogaine event, we would love to have your help on the day / in the evening with administration and/or catering. Please contact us if you are available (see contact methods below).
If you have any questions about this event or about rogaining in general, please feel free to send us a message via email or our Facebook page (NT Rogaining Association). Additional information can also be found on our website.
Looking forward to seeing you on Saturday 27th February 2021 for A Hunger Moon Monsoon Metrogaine.
HAPPY HUNGER GAMES . . . and may the odds be ever in your favour!
It's a Fair 'Blinkum Blitzen Batchelorgaine'
Saturday, 5 December 2020
HO HO HO and Deck the Halls!
Christmas is fast approaching and so is the NT Rogaining Association’s annual Christmas Bash!
This is a fun 3 HOUR navigational event for everyone, with controls located around the Batchelor township and within surrounding bushland. Those who are experienced and have good navigational skills will be partnered up with others seeking assistance with their navigation and map reading. Current skill level and enthusiasm will be taken into account when matching people up. (You will indicate your current skill level on the Entry Form, see below).
The HASH HOUSE is located in the grounds of the Litchfield Motel in Batchelor. This is where the event will kick off. Chairs and tables are available.
|When:||Saturday 5th December (starting at 1:30pm)|
|Where:||Litchfield Motel, 49 Rum Jungle Road, Batchelor|
|What:||3 hour “Mystery Teams” Rogaine|
|Cost:||Entry Fee is $20 per person (children under 15 years are free)|
Looking forward to seeing you in Batchelor!
|1:30 pm||Welcome to the event, housekeeping, announcement of the “Mystery Teams”.|
|2:00 pm||Maps handed out. EVENT OPEN
Teams can choose to start any time from now and must return to the Hash House within 3 hours of their start time. There are point penalties for teams who do not return within 3 hours. ALL teams must be back by 7:00pm at the latest, regardless of start time.
|7:00 pm||EVENT CLOSED
There are point penalties for teams returning after this time. Disqualification if not back by 7:30pm!
|7:30 pm||Roast carvery dinner / dessert in the Function Room, reading of the results, handing out of prizes, Secret Santa. Bevies!|
- Your ENTRY FEE includes entry to the event, maps, insurance, carvery roast dinner / dessert and bacon / egg breakfast the next day. ENTRY FEES MUST BE PAID IN FULL by Tuesday 24th November to secure your spot.
- DINNER will be held in the Function Room and is a carvery roast buffet including dessert.
- What about the DRINKS?! You can BYO grog for consumption in the campground / motel rooms. NTRA will supply some bottles of wine to have with dinner. Other drinks (beer, spirits, softies) can be purchased from the bar.
- Are you taking part in this year’s side-splitting SECRET SANTA SWAP & STEAL? If so, please bring along a wrapped present (maximum spend $15).
- Sort out your sore head the next morning with a festive bacon-n-egg sanga for BREAKFAST. Tea and coffee (LOTS of coffee!) included. Please BYO chair, cup, plate, cutlery.
- Wishing to enhance your weekend bush experience? Non-powered CAMP SITES are available at the Litchfield Motel. Toilet and shower facilities included. Cost is $10 per person (children under 15 years are free).
- Prefer a bit of luxury? ROOMS can be booked at the Litchfield Motel at special NT locals rates. Just mention that you are part of the rogaining group and you will receive 15% off your room price! A Standard Double/Twin room is $119/night. A Superior Double/Twin room is $136/night. To make your booking, give the motel a call on 08 8976 0123. (You will need to pay a deposit to secure your booking).
- There is a POOL - cool down before dinner or go for an early-morning dip – CROC SAFE!
- There are LIMITED SPOTS available for this great annual event!
ENTRIES CLOSE on Tuesday 24th November (or earlier if all spots are filled).
- To be part of this year’s NTRA CHRISTMAS FESTIVITIES, please complete the attached entry form.
ONE FORM PER PERSON, please. Children under 15 years can be included on the same form as their supervising adult. Make sure you indicate your navigational prowess using the scale provided on the form. Also please make sure you circle Y or N for the questions about dinner and breakfast - this is essential for assisting us in determining numbers for catering.
'A Rad and very Red Rangas Roundtown' Roguegaine
5th September 2020
In this year of isolation and restrictions, we have not had a lot to look forward to, but now we are pleased to announce an event to add straight to your diary!
On September 5th 2020, the NTRA will be holding their second event of the year;
A Rad and very Red Rangas Roundtown Roguegaine!
Starting from Mindil Beach, the Metrogaine event will cover both bush and urban environments with the course spanning from East Point reserve through to the city, and out to Winnellie and Coconut Grove. There will be hanging controls as well as multiple-choice selections to find as you make your way around the course. You can do it on foot, walking or running, or on your bike or e-bike!
Choose from one of three events:
- Walk or run the;
- 3 hour ‘Rangas Rover’, OR
- 6 hour ‘U need your head read’, OR
- Ride the;
- 4 Hour ‘Bluey Biker’.
Metrogaines are sporting events based around the urban environment, in line with the guiding principle of Rogaining. Teamwork, strategic planning and map reading are features of the sport.
Teams of 2-5 people choose which checkpoints to visit within a time limit with the intent of maximizing their score. Call it a fun run, walk or ride, you and your team will move through the course using the map provided as determined by your team’s strategy.
A great way to exercise both mind and body.
Entry fees include BBQ Dinner. More details to come shortly.
Page 1 of 3